On the 27th of April, we conducted a common web-conference with our partners from the Ariwonto company. Pavel Shlapak and Sergey Ivancheglo (Come-from-Beyond) participated in this event from the side of Paracosm Project.
We would like to thank everyone who joined us on this web-conference. It’s always nice to feel your interest in our products, guys.
There were speakers from Ariwonto side, and they talked about various aspects of games creation and distribution. During the “Paracosm web-conference”, Pavel Shlapak made a presentation of our products: the Paracosm platform, Caer Sidi service, and Post Scriptum games. Then, some questions from the online audience were answered.
Here is the Paracosm presentation on video. Its visual version will be available on our website soon.
And here is a text version of our Q&A session – questions from our community and answers to them.
- How is this project funded?
- Paracosm Project is funded from our own funds, so we support it. Also, we’ve conducted the Pre-Sale stage. Thanks to people from our community who pre-ordered different assets, the Pre-Sale brought approximately 1M Euro. Now we’re preparing the products for delivering and we’re working on the upcoming launches.
- Will Paracosm games also be powered by Qubic/Jinn so that you can outsource the computation of the AR/VR worlds?
- Well, we will try to do this, of course, but it all depends on those who will use the Paracosm Platform. We don’t enforce to use Qubic and Jinn but if someone wants that would be great.
- How can I publish my project on your platform if I’m a developer?
- You can contact us through our Discord channel, and we’ll be glad to communicate with you and to discuss all the details.
- Where I can get more information about the game Altar?
- Please check out this post on the site Paracosm.Games: “A glimpse at Altar: the War of Gods”. Also, you can check out the official site of this game.
- Will servers have different specs or they will use the same hardware? Do I need to buy the processing power for my paracosm?
- It’s quite hard to answer right now. We are going to test how the Paracosm platform runs if the main infrastructure is provided by operators of Ict. Let’s see how it goes. (Please, check out more information on this topic in the article “Union of IOTA and Paracosm”)
- Can Paracosm prevent people from creating worlds with illegal content?
- (Come-from-Beyond) The Paracosm platform will be a decentralized system. We can’t enforce some rules or to make people comply to laws. But for example, Caer Sidi service makes it impossible to sell illegal content. In this case, the black market may appear.
- (Pavel Shlapak) I would like to divide the open source part and the Caer Sidi service. We will not control the open source part.
If you prefer watching the presentation and our Q&A session on video, here it is:
We got some other questions through our Twitch chat and promised to answer them.
- When can we unpack the Booster Packs and see what’s inside?
- There are two types of Booster Packs available on Caer Sidi Sale, and they also were on the Pre-Sale: one is for the collectible token game Post Scriptum and the other is for “Altar: the War of Gods”. The Post Scriptum CTG Boosters contain seven random tokens each. The Altar Boosters give three random tokens. Players can open them after the games releases. According to our roadmap, the open alpha tests are planned for Q2-Q3 2019. Still, the functionality of opening boosters may be implemented not from the very beginning. It’s better to check out the information on our social pages.
- Are there hardware requirements for the paracosm.ixi nodes available already?
- Currently, the more powerful hardware is, the better it works with the paracosm.ixi. Later on, we will optimize the system to allow using less powerful hardware.
- Would the latency of Qubic/Jinn be low enough to enable a good game experience?
- Qubic has been made especially for hard real-time systems. Information about Jinn is secret.
- When and where will be the Post Scriptum token game available to buy?
- The delivering of the first real-world assets from Paracosm Project to our users will start in the 2nd quarter of 2019. We plan to begin with Post Scriptum figurines, Tangible Paracosm Keys and Skins for them. The real-world version of the game Altar will be ready in Q3. The collectible token game Post Scriptum is in active development right now and it may change significantly, following recommendations of our community on alpha and beta testing. After the release of digital beta, we’ll start planning the release of real-world tokens for Post Scriptum CTG.
- Will we be able to play Post Scriptum games on PlayStation or Xbox in the future?
- We don’t have such plans yet.
- Will Aigarth power-up the AI in the Post Scriptum RPG?
- We will use Aigarth for developing AI for the whole Paracosm platform and our products on it, including Post Scriptum RPG.
It’s our pleasure to answer your questions considering various aspects of Paracosm Project. Feel free to ask them on our Discord server or through our social pages: